The Independent Music Innovation course is a 2-day programme designed by staff of the School of Media at Birmingham City University.
The course will address concepts surrounding the operation of independent music businesses in the Digital Age, with the aim of aiding participants in the creation of a new online business tool, product, or service that will enhance the performance of their operation and help make their businesses more sustainable.
This course is suitable for people working in one or more of the following areas and organisations: Record Production; Record Labels; Artist Management; Live Music Promotion; Music PR; Bands/Artists/Musicians; Sound Engineering; Music Journalism; Music Photography; Music Video
During the two-day course you will:
- Evaluate your own business activity in relation to the wider music industries
- Examine the present industrial and economic landscape as it relates to your business
- Explore concepts regarding sustainability, productivity, and entrepreneurship
- Identify new opportunities and areas for growth
- Create a new online product, service, or business tool that will aid the operation of your organisation
For a more detailed description of the course structure please visit the Course Overview page.